See The D

Saturday, June 25, 2005

Tomorrow

I wasn't ever trapped,
I never lost the key,
I just never opened up my eyes to see
that I, my soul,
just wouldn't let me live.


Look at tomorrow. When you find it let me know, cause I can't see it right now. Man, everyone talks about a brighter day tomorrow, don't worry about it, there's always tomorrow, etc. etc. What good is tomorrow for me when I can't love today. When you can't wait for the end of the day so you can finally sleep and get away from this world, what can tomorrow bring you? When you find it, let me know, I want to talk with it. I have too many questions right now to write about, and I'm not even writing to anyone. This is my head, scattered out on this page and pieced together to make it look like my thoughts make sense. This is the last little drop of true emotion I have left in me today. Maybe tomorrow will bring some more so I can let it eat me away. Tomorrow gives you a fresh start. I'm still not sure how that happens. I still have the same job tomorrow, I still have the same life tomorrow. I don't fall asleep, spin a wheel and become someone else tomorrow. Life is made up of a bunch of today's strung together, not tomorrows.
This string of today's is getting hard to hold onto. It's too damn heavy right now, too damn cold; it's too damn mine. Too bad, cause it's all I got left. At the end of the day, when I sit here in bed and type to this, all I have left is that string of today's, that's all I got. No one else is here to share with, no one's hear to watch me fade either. Maybe it's better that way.

I'm not locked up,
the key was never gone,
I just never opened up my hand
to see it all along.

2 Comments:

  • These are some pretty heavy thoughts, young man. Perhaps you should work them into a new screenplay...I think a lot of people could relate to those feelings, whether or not you believe that others couldn't possibly feel the same way. Just a thought, because channeling that stuff might be good to do.

    - H

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:44 AM  

  • Hey, buster. You need to update your blog. Keep up! :)

    - H

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home