See The D

Sunday, February 05, 2006

State Of The D

In honor of the State of the Union address given recently, I'm going to give my annual State of The D address. And yes, it's annual as of this year.

My last post was announcing that I was taking a few weeks off and that I could use some prayer if you felt so inclined to do so. Well I'm back baby. Let me give you a quick summation of those past few weeks, just so you feel like you're part of the action, up to date on the goings on of The D.

I've recently gone through a situation unlike any other that I've had to deal with. (Another reason why I keep saying that open and honest communication is the key to any relationship) Words were left unsaid, actions left untold, and things I had to find out and ask about for myself because I wasn't told them. It would have hurt less had I not figured out for myself, but oh well. Then came things being blown WAY out of proportion and me dealing with people, answering questions, and coping with assumptions and drawn conclusions that I should have never even come close to dealing with. I even had to deal with the police, the effing police!!! I'm not saying effing because I hate the police, I'm a fan, I'm glad we have them. I say it because it's LUDICROUS and grotesquely absurd that I had to even think about that, just ridiculously stupidly overblown. I'm still a bit bitter about this and mad at everything that's gone down, but oh well.

Then came getting sick, first with a cold, and then with friggin bronchitis, yippee. I also told my church that I would be singing for them on a certain sunday, which I love to do. Then, on January 18th, I bought a keyboard. I mention the exact date because I will remember that date from now on, because it changed the way I write my songs and will most likely change a lot in my life. Moving on. I wrote two songs for my church, then in my delirious state known as bronchitis, I decided that heck, I've been playing the keyboard for almost two weeks, why don't I play both songs on the piano and accompany myself. Sure, why not. In addition to all that, I tried out for a musical, the first audition I've ever been in. I wound up getting a lead role in the musical South Pacific.

Those are my past few weeks. I know, you envy my drama. (I don't) But honestly, after everything that's happened, and everything I've had to go through and deal with, I feel great. Let me say that again because it's nice to say. I FEEL GREAT. I feel like I've been reborn (not in a spiritual sense), like I've started a new chapter in my life and I can't wait to see what's in store. I feel strong, determined, back on my feet and somewhat dusted off. I feel like for the past couple months I was living in the basement with no windows, and for the first time, I went outside and felt the sun again and smelled fresh air. It's envigorating, energizing, exciting.

I'm gonna stay outside for a while, take a deep breath, hold my head high, and go wherever I'm lead to go. I can't wait...

11 Comments:

  • Where is the play gonna be? I'm glad you're out of the funk that you were in :) yay.

    By Blogger mel, at 5:43 PM  

  • woo hoo !!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:15 AM  

  • The police?! WHAT THE HECK?! Are you serious?

    By Blogger Matt, at 10:20 PM  

  • Yeah Matt, I'm serious. That's a pretty accurate reaction I think.

    By Blogger The D, at 4:22 PM  

  • Where and when is that play that you are in?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:27 PM  

  • You poor thing, when will you ever learn? You really need to see a counselor for your problems, I think you may have bipolar disorder. You need to find a nice even plain where you are content and not living in denial and thinking your happy. I bet you a million bucks you'll be sad again next week. Poor boy :(

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:19 PM  

  • Ewww, the last person needs to shut up. Never mind about the show, I found out when it is.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:43 PM  

  • Trying to figure me out, tell me what's wrong with me and give me advice on living my life after reading my blog is like giving a speech on quantum physics after watching Einstein's biography on A&E. Not only is it a stupid idea, it's ignorant and very presumptuous. You, anyonymous, most likely have your own issues if you feel the need to hypothesize about other people's on their blog.

    The D gives you a big thumbs down.

    By Blogger The D, at 8:59 PM  

  • Are you friends with that xx again because she seems to be the one that broke your heart and that you wrote about. You need to tell her to leave you alone. She's really immature and not a good choice for you. Then again I don't know who possibly would be a good choice, you don't have the best qualities to match

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:38 PM  

  • Yikes people. Seriously, yikes. What the hell is wrong with the comments lately. Thank you all you anonymous comment leavers for your wonderful compliments and heart felt appreciations and nice things to say about people. From now on, no more anonymous comments.

    The two most recent ones, if you don't leave a name, then I'm guessing you don't know me that well and don't know my situation well at all, so you're being stupid for even commenting about it. If you do know it well, then you do know me, and you are being a HUGE loser and pansy for leaving it anonymous. I don't care if this upsets anyone or annoys anyone, because inconsiderate comments, no matter who they are about, from anonymous people annoy me. No more from now on. So friggin stupid.

    By Blogger The D, at 10:05 PM  

  • How incredibly ironic that you would be writing about "the golden rule". Last I knew, the golden rule stated:

    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

    Something like that. I don't need to point out the blatant irony, it's borderline humorous that you have the temerity to talk about how it's sad that it's not enforced anymore. Absolutely brilliant.

    By Blogger The D, at 12:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home