See The D

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

A Little Bit Of Both

Life sometimes can be oddly ironic. Other times, it's just odd. During the past few weeks, I've met several new people through avenues that have opened up to me and opportunities I have taken advantage of. These people are new to me, and I to them. Several times from these new people, I've heard my abilities and good qualities listed. I'll spare you the boredom of listing the ones I heard, and I'll spare myself a certain embarassment as well.

Here's what makes this odd. Besides the fact that I had more than a couple people rattle off a list of things, it made people, well, "attracted" to me. I'm not speaking in terms of girl attracted to guy, although there was that as well, I'm just speaking of attraction in terms of people wanting to be around you, wanting to spend time with you and that kind of attraction. I guess it's not all that odd. I guess it makes a little sense. But when you're actually in that position and circumstance, it's awfully odd.

Here's what makes it ironic. This list of qualities, and this "attraction" has created rifts with others and made me someone "not safe" to hang out with or spend time with. I know I'm not explaining this quite right, but deal with it. It has left me enviable, and to me, that's not necessarily a compliment. It is not a position I like either. The other ironic part is that in spite of these qualities, I am also so terrible an influence or so much of a danger, that one should not be able to spend time with me, let alone even hear my words. Does any of this make total sense? Probably not, I just had to get it out. Despite all these things I apparently have going for me, there is so much, and many working directly against me.

Life can be odd. Life can be ironic. Right now, it's a little bit of both.

1 Comments:

  • You are a leader and leaders have a sphere of influence over people. It's the way the world works. Part of that is a good thing methinks. As you become more and more the Darrell that you were created to be (walking in these talents and particular abilities that you have) you will be very attractive to many. How you use the sphere of influence that you have is of critical importance, needing a lot of wisdom.

    By Blogger Matt, at 2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home