See The D

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Positive Muscle

So it's been a LONG time my friends, who have all disappeared no doubt. That's ok. The musical I was in had taken up so so so much of my time, and it's finally over. Quick update, it was fantastic and apparently I'm quite good on stage, so I'll be doing this much mroe in the future and I'll keep you updated on that. Blah blah blah. Moving on.

I was speaking with someone today, and she was telling me about how I have this ability to get a touch of positive energy and then run with it and let it drive me. This ability to use my positive muscle to grow that energy. It was just an interesting way to hear that. I know that when I get into a groove and I get things going my way, I get on a roll and it's fantastic, but I never thought of it as an ability, or something I can do with my will rather than just going with the flow. Makes me feel like I have more control over it, and that's really cool.

It all started with a weekend in Massachusetts during a very difficult time in January when I, for some reason, started fiddling around on a piano in someone's house, and ended up recording my fiddling that night. I came home and thought big, went out and bought a keyboard and decided that I would write a couple songs for my church with no experience on the piano or keyboard. I did, and I was happy, very happy with them. I said yes to auditioning for a musical, not something I would always do, but because of my new years resolution (one of them) to say yes more, I wound up making my stage debut to impressive reviews, huge compliments, and now offers to do more shows, and the prospect of actually making this a career.

It all started with a weekend in Massachusetts. That's all it took. I remained open, and wound up with that piano ditty, which just got things rolling. That's a phrase I often use, and people close to me have heard it often. I stay open. I let things come, I don't crowd my mind too often with things, I just stay open to whatever is around me, aware of things and imaginative and open minded. Perhaps you are in a funk like I was. Maybe you're just in a rut, or maybe you're just feeling held down by the everyday drudgery of routine life. I often feel that way and I know many people do. Go let yourself open, let something come to you. All it may be is a nibble, but don't overlook it; don't squash it too fast. You never know what it might become...

2 Comments:

  • *roaring applause from her only two hands*

    Way to go Big D!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:30 AM  

  • moral of the story: must visit massachusetts more! yay :)

    By Blogger mel, at 11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home