See The D

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Then, maybe then.

If I could just yell into a box,
and close the lid before it all came out again.
If I could tape the top a thousand times around,
and staple down the flaps,
then, maybe then.
And store it in the darkest room,
within this lived in house,
and never turn the light on
like it's shining on me now.
Then, my one last hope for when,
then, maybe then.
And lock the door and hide the key,
too easy to be found,
and pull it from my pocket, hold it in my hands,
when no one is around.
And though it tempts me to partake,
my heart will let it rest,
and let it slide back down into my pocket's deep recess.
So close but never opened up,
So closed but never gone,
and never let it cross my heart again,
then, maybe then.

Just wrote this tonight, please feel free to leave reactions or interpretations or whatever you'd like to leave. Goodnight all.

1 Comments:

  • Sounds like a secret. Most people have more than they will even admit to themselves. I myself, who gloats and flitters about pretending to be an open book afraid of no question or no prying eye, have more secrets than one could imagine. You could fill the world's libraries with the secrets one might keep in a box like that.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home