See The D

Friday, September 09, 2005

Goodbye Kitchens!

Well, this is it for me at this place. I will never write in this blog from this chair again, unless I steal the chair. Today is my final day at work, and you know what, it feels GREAT. I have not a care in the world right now. I put my own music into the cd player, and I'm sitting out here in the "showroom" just enjoying the tunes and pretending to do some work if anyone comes nearby. Sing it Michael Buble, sing it loud baby.

There are times that I will miss this place though. *looks around for a second* nevermind. There are times I will miss my boss though. Someone like him doesn't always come around in life, someone so inept and clueless that he begs to be made fun of and bashed. From his many stupid sayings, to his lack of memory, to his own little world inside that head, he's a one-of-a-kind here folks. Of course it would have been much less frustrating if I got to make fun of him without working here, but oh well, it's been interesting.

I leave a little bit early today to go to the doctor to get a cyst removed from my tailbone. Fun, I know. Maybe I'll get a lollipop. This is the third, yes, third time I will be going to get the same cyst removed. The same doctor took it out twice already and it grew back both times. If it's him again, I'm going to give instructions.

1. Remove the cyst.

2. If it grows back, I'm coming up here to cut your brake lines and loose rabid skunks into your house while you sleep.

It also really hurts when I get it done. The novacaine shot alone is incredibley painful, and then getting the stitches out hurts like the dickens too. Great phrase. Just like "screw the pooch", great phrase.

So later tonight, when I sit down on my couch and then yell cause I just got my ass operated on, I will flip on the baseball game, start up the Playstation, and smile, because life is good. So take a moment and reflect on how good things are for you today, even if things are going bad. Find something good, smile about it, smile dammit, and enjoy. Sing it Michael Buble, sing it loud.

2 Comments:

  • Love ya hun, but as far as I know novacaine is only used by dentists. So unless you are having one helluva nasty cyst removed...and it's grown teeth...I think the word you were searching for is lidocaine. Anyway...you should get one of those doughnut pillows..those look pleasant =P~

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:01 AM  

  • well friend i will surely miss you and your blogs but one more time" your doctor can't tell one end from the other" that is why he is using novacaine" but all the crap aside I will miss you and I am sure Matt will also. If your ever over this way stop in and see us Matt will give you the address. (The Speller)
    Larry

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home